Thursday, July 15, 2010

First Blog!

Upon hearing news from a friend that Pearl Jam had recently announced a long term hiatus I decided to do some research to find out if that were true. In my search I came across an article by some idiot calling himself "Simon Sweetman" in it he berated Pearl Jam and said all kinds of nasty things about the greatest band in human history (at least in this blogger's humble opinion). So what did I do about it? Well after leaving one of hundreds of comments (I'm not kidding either) pointing out how much of a tool this guy was (even if you abhor Pearl Jam it was still a bad article for a so called "professional blogger), I did what any other post-modern 26 year old classic alternative punk males would do in today's society; I decided to wright my own blog!

I had been debating whether or not writing a blog would make me cool or just a giant knob for a while now but I decided it was a good way to vent and speak my opinion (this way people can choose if they want to hear it). Of course after I started writing this I got side tracked as usual and after watching tv and eating a bowl of Ramen noodles I had calmed down and realized that I was just rambling on and it was like 2:15AM already and I need to get up at like ten (also the name of PJ's first album by the way!) so I'll delay my thoughts on Pearl Jam which was the whole point of this in the first place (oops!) for another day and get some much needed shut eye.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more!

p.s. oh and by the way what happened was that Pearl Jam wrapped up their Backspacer tour in Portugal a few days ago and Eddy wanted to tell the audience in Portuguese something to the effect of "Thank you very much for coming! This may be the last show of the tour but not our last show here we'll be back!" but the translator wrote on a piece of paper for Eddy to say in Portuguese "Thank you all for coming to our last show, not our last show ever but our last show for a while." the rumor mill went nuts until Pearl Jam found out about the mix up and had their spokesperson clarify what happened.

1 comment:

  1. Your first blogosphere comment! hehe.. t'was comical... Especially when the first sentence started with something to do with "Pearl Jam". Keep writing though brother, it's healthy for the mind.

    ReplyDelete